Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Shocking and yet not surprising...

I stumbled across a blog this week that revealed the before and after of a Redbook cover shoot featuring Faith Hill. She's a pretty, but apparently the industry standard dictates she be transformed into a woman much younger than her 39 years. Scroll down on this link for the animated reveal. The thing I realized is I didn't notice anything weird about the cover photo until I saw the before -- shows how much I am used to seeing such images. If this does nothing else, it should make everyone feel better about themselves and stop comparing themselves to retouched images of celebrities. Based on this, Faith looks like someone we'd see in our everyday life. I think it would be great if she came out and acknowledged the trickery involved in these things the way Kate Winslet did a few years back when British GQ decided to photoshop away several inches from her thighs. She raised bloody hell and it was awesome!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I saw this too! Amazing how "normal" she looks in the non-shopped version. And amazing how warped your perception of what stars look like can get from shoots like this. Ugh.

On another front, we should do a girls' get-together soon -- perhaps post-Ironman craziness for me -- and maybe expand out the usual guest list...?