Wednesday, December 14, 2005

For a boy we like d'Artagnan...

As many of you know, we are not publicly discussing the names we are considering for the baby. However, as a public service, I thought you should know about some of the interesting resources that are out there. For pure entertainment value, check out http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/
It's a site that was recommended to me by one of my editors and while I say to each his own, it's truly mind boggling to what lengths people are going in an effort to choose a "unique" name.
~Jenny

2 comments:

k8 said...

Please, please, please! don't torture my neice/nephew with a "unique" name... though I did get a laugh at the web site you linked... I have a friend with a newborn (October) and they named him Bernd (apparently a German name in the family), however, they pronounce it 'Bounty'... I can only cringe at the mangled attempts by his teachers to call his name on the first day of school.

Guaranteed Fresh said...

All I'm saying is that "Shannon" is a unisex name. Feel free to spell it with an E or an O, ShannEn or ShannOn. I'm fine with either or...